Welcome to Caregivercorner.com and blog.elderdepot.com (collectively referred to as the “Caregiver Corner”), owned and/or operated by Elder Depot, Inc. Caregiver Corner is an informative and educational resource site for caregivers and their aging family and friends. We provide news, information, resources, tips, product recommendations, and other helpful topics for Caregivers regarding Eldercare, Alzheimer’s /Dementia, Senior Safety, Senior Housing Options, Home Care, Health Topics, and more. We strive to provide an interactive experience where Visitors and Users (“Users”) can share their comments, reviews, posts, and articles to develop a sense of community.
Conduct You must abide by the following rules of conduct:
- Do not engage in any unlawful conduct in the Caregiver Corner Site. In particular, do not post, publish, or distribute any defamatory, obscene, infringing or other unlawful material or information in the Caregiver Corner Site.
- Treat others in the Caregiver Corner Site as you would expect them to treat you. Do not engage in personal attacks or any type of “flaming” of other users. Do not post topics or opinions that are designed to provoke a negative response from one or more specific users.
- Do not use offensive language. If you have any doubts about whether a particular statement might be considered offensive by other users, do not post it.
- Do not engage in disruptive activity in the Caregiver Corner Site, such as persistent off-topic contributions or comments, or statements that might incite other users to violate these guidelines or participate in illegal activities.
- Do not contribute content, photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or have rights to these materials.
- Do not post any instructions, software or other materials that would allow participants or third parties to harm other users’ computers or to inappropriately access software or websites.
- Do not post any computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses, worms or Trojan horses. Do not employ any type of bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, or other activities that might disrupt online communication.
- Do not falsely impersonate any other person in the forum, including Caregiver Corner employees or agents.
- Do not use the Caregiver Corner Site to spam other users, including sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different discussion groups, mailing lists or communities.
- Do not misrepresent the source of anything you contribute.
- Do not engage in “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” “data mining” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information, in whole or in part, from the Sites or use web “bots” or similar data gathering or extraction methods for such purposes.
- Do not attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site.
- Do not attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site.
- While you may use certain aspects of the Caregiver Corner Site (such as Guest Posts or Member Comments), to provide supplemental information about your own business that might be of interest to other users (without spamming them), you shall not distribute or otherwise publish any content containing a solicitation of funds, promotion, or advertisement. You agree not to solicit other users of the Caregiver Corner Site to use or join or become members of any other commercial online or offline service or other organization.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in the Caregiver Corner Site, including anything you contribute.
- Do not rely on the Caregiver Corner Site, including Customer Communities for the safe and secure storage of any materials. The Caregiver Corner Site is not designed as the primary place to store any of these materials, and we will not be responsible for the alteration, deletion or loss of any stored items. Create back-ups for any materials that you contribute to the Site.
- Some participants may post Internet website links to other websites in the Caregiver Corner Site. Caregiver Corner is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with these links. In addition, Caregiver Corner must remind you that some content and links on the Internet contain adult content that is not suitable for children and may be offensive to some users.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on information or advice you receive through the Caregiver Corner Site (including member comments and guest posts). Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through the Caregiver Corner Site or any other communication service. The decision to share information or conduct transactions with anyone is your own; therefore conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
- Information exchanged in the Caregiver Corner Site is not confidential. The information you provide in posts, comments, discussions, reviews, etc will be shared publicly.D
- Do not upload, distribute, or post anything that may be harmful to minors.
- Mirroring or framing the Caregiver Corner Site, placing pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affecting the display of its pages is not allowed.
- Engaging in any other action in any way that is unlawful or harms Caregiver Corner, its Agents, or its Users is prohibited.
Copyright Please note that all material found on Caregiver Corner is protected under the Copyright Laws of the United States (Copyright © Caregiver Corner 2007–2018. All rights reserved).
All content of this site, including text, information, data, software, logos, images, graphics, photographs, video, audio, designs, and other material (collectively, the “Content”) are the property of Caregiver Corner and its associated providers, and are subject to the protection of the United States and international copyrights, trademarks, service marks, or other proprietary rights. Access to this web site does not constitute permission or right to copy or use any of the intellectual property of Caregiver Corner.
The usage of this site and its contents are limited to browsing and interacting with other community members for the purpose of obtaining information for personal use or sharing relevant information with other members. Copying, Reproducing, distributing, modifying, editing, altering, transmitting, uploading, downloading, storing, displaying in public, in whole or in part, any of this site for any purpose, without written permission from Caregiver Corner is strictly prohibited.
In addition, certain Content is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and may also be subject to the copyright of their respective owners, and are also protected by national and international intellectual property laws, conventions and treaties. All individual articles, content, and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by or for Caregiver Corner are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by or for this Site. Unauthorized distribution, transmission or publication for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
Use of Site, Limited License
We encourage readers, bloggers, web publishers and organizations to link to any article or content posted on the Caregiver Corner Site. No permission is needed to provide such a link, on the condition that the website Content is used for personal, noncommercial use that does not harm the reputation of the Caregiver Corner Site and its Users. Please link to our articles rather than reproduce them completely. If you must quote from an article in order to reference it, please provide a link to the article and only quote the relevant passages.
Any Contributions to the Caregiver Corner site are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment or post. The accuracy, completeness, veracity, honesty, exactitude, factuality and politeness of comments are not guaranteed. However, by posting or commenting on Caregiver Corner, you grant the Caregiver Corner Site world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display your comments (in whole or in part) and to incorporate your comments into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
No Professional Advice The Caregiver Corner site is for informational purposes only. All information, materials, content and/or advice found on our Site or provided through Services is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional, financial, medical, legal or other advice. We expressly disclaim, and you expressly release Caregiver Corner and Elder Depot from any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Caregiver Corner Sites and/or Services. You should consult with an appropriately trained specialist for all concerns that require medical, legal, financial or other professional advice.
Information provided on the Caregiver Corner web site is not meant to be a substitute for professional advice and is not intended to offer diagnosis or prognosis for any health-related issues. Our information should not be a substitute for seeking medical professional care. All specific medically related questions should be directed to your physician or health care provider. We encourage you to seek the advice of a medical professional regarding any medical conditions.
The Caregiver Corner web site contains links to third party web sites, resources, and sponsors. We have no control over Contributions, information, content, or services provided by third party sites that link to or from Caregiver Corner with or without our permission. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible and are not liable for content of third party sites accessible through Caregiver Corner, including all linked sites appearing within linked sites and any modifications or updates to any linked sites. Use of information or products obtained through these third party sites is at the User’s own risk.
Links to and from the Caregiver Corner web site maintained by third parties do not constitute an endorsement by Caregiver Corner. Caregiver Corner does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, advertisement or other information displayed or distributed through the Caregiver Corner web site. You acknowledge that any reliance upon such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
Third Party Web Sites, Content, Products and Services The Caregiver Corner Site may contain links to web sites and access to Contributions, content (including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements), products and services from third parties (collectively “Third Party Content”). These links are available through the Caregiver Corner Site merely as a convenience, for informational purposes and the inclusion of such links does not constitute or imply any endorsement or recommendation. You agree that Caregiver Corner is not responsible for the availability of any such Third Party Content. You should refer to the policies posted by other web sites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. You understand that you bear all risks associated with the access to and use of such Third Party Content. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that Caregiver Corner is not responsible for: (a) the quality of third party products or services; and (b) fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. You agree that Caregiver Corner is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any third party.
CAREGIVER CORNER AND THE SITE MATERIALS (INCLUDING ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT), AND ALL LINKS, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, EVALUATIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITES AND THE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE AND OUR ASSOCIATED PARTIES (DEFINED AS OWNERS, OPERATORS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SITES, THE SITE MATERIALS, LINKS, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ON THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES. IN ADDITION, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY, OR THE CONDUCT OF, ANY THIRD PARTY OR ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES (EVEN IF WE HAVE INTRODUCED YOU TO SUCH PARTY OR PARTIES). NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION FROM US OR ANY OTHER PARTY WILL MODIFY THIS DISCLAIMER. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS THAT THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. WHILE WE ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE YOU ACCESS SAFE FROM VIRUSES, WE DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR COVENANT THAT THE SITES OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CAREGIVER CORNER AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF CONTRIBUTIONS AND OTHER SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO THE USER FOR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH CAREGIVER CORNER OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF US.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CAREGIVER CORNER OR ITS ASSOCIATED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, OUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS UNDER OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY BY US OR ANY ASSOCIATED PARTY, AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS OF THIS “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY CAREGIVER CORNER PARTY MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR LIMIT ITS LIABILITIES, THE SCOPE OF DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY AND THE EXTENT OF THE CAREGIVER CORNER PARTY’S LIABILITY SHALL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
Copyright Policy/Digital Millennium Copyright Act You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted or other proprietary materials without obtaining the prior written consent of the copyright owner of such materials. Caregiver Corner may terminate an account, deny access to a site or service, or terminate any User who is alleged to have infringed the copyright or proprietary rights of another. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your copyright or other rights have been infringed, please provide us with written notice with the following information: An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other interest; a description of the copyrighted work or other work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our site, networks or other repositories; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Please send any notice of claims of copyright infringement to the following address: Elder Depot, Inc. 2815 Philmont Ave, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006. If the disputed materials were posted by a third party identifiable through reasonable efforts, Caregiver Corner will provide reasonable notice to the third party of the charge. If the third party responds with a valid counter-notification, Caregiver Corner will provide you with a copy so that you may take any other steps you may consider appropriate
We may terminate or suspend your access to the Caregiver Corner at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Upon such termination or suspension, your right to use the Caregiver Corner Site will immediately cease.
We also reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, or cease providing the Caregiver Corner Site and/or Services (and therefore, your access to and use of) at any time without notice. Caregiver Corner may, at its discretion, update old posts and is not bound to explicitly state all corrections made.